As businesses expand their online presence and e-commerce offerings, third-party logistics (3PL) and order fulfillment services have become increasingly critical for success. For many organizations, it is no longer physically or financially feasible to warehouse, pick, pack, and ship goods to customers themselves. Rather than expending resources on additional warehouse space, personnel, and supplies, they are partnering with 3PL and fulfillment service providers. Our sister company, Daily Fulfillment, can help you connect with buyers and offers reliable and affordable fulfillment services.
What Is Third-Party Logistics?
Third-party logistics (3PL) is a service that allows companies to outsource certain operational aspects of their business, such as warehousing, inventory management, pick and pack fulfillment, assembly, packaging, and delivery. By outsourcing these operations to third-party companies that specialize in them, they can focus on researching and reaching new customers, improving and expanding product offerings, and otherwise growing the business without having to worry about the logistics of their supply chain.
Benefits of Using a 3PL Provider
There are many advantages to partnering with a 3PL service provider. In addition to freeing up resources within the company so employees can concentrate on product development, marketing, and sales, these include:
- Greater experience and expertise. 3PL companies specialize in logistical operations, so they have the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to conduct them effectively and efficiently.
- Higher cost savings. A 3PL company often has greater leverage with shipping companies than individual shippers. As a result, they can negotiate for better pricing based on volume and order frequency, which can lead to significant shipping cost savings for the contracting company. Additionally, the contracting company saves on warehousing, inventory management, and fulfillment costs since they no longer need to have the space, staff, and equipment required for the operations.
- Better scalability. A partnership with a 3PL company makes it easier for a business to manage fluctuations in customer demand. The company can simply scale up or scale down operations to match current demand levels.
- Enhanced customer experience. 3PL companies typically offer fast shipping options—e.g., two-day, next-day, or same-day shipping—which enable customers to receive products much faster than would be possible with most traditional fulfillment setups.
- Lower risks. 3PL contracts help decrease overhead labor costs, cut company liability for warehouse-related damage and injuries, and reduce insurance costs. In addition, the contracting company is not liable for facility leasing and regulatory compliance related to warehousing and distribution operations.
- Optimized inventory control. 3PL contractors specialize in inventory management, which means that they have the equipment, technology, and experience to ensure that inventory is accurately counted and replenished in a timely fashion.
- Reduced error rates. The use of 3PL specialists and automation technology reduces the potential for error in both inbound and outbound shipments.
Why Should You Partner With Daily Manufacturing?
At Daily Manufacturing, we specialize in manufacturing high-quality personal care, cosmetic, and health & wellness products made to customer specifications. In support of our contract and private label manufacturing capabilities, we also offer a range of integration and fulfillment services for after the products are manufactured. From warehousing and inventory management to picking/packing and shipping to website integration and e-commerce order processing, we accommodate all operational logistics needs.
By partnering with us, you benefit from the following:
- No contract requirements
- Dedicated account managers on your account
- Support for large inventories
- Custom packaging sourcing capabilities
- Kitting and assembly services
- Transportation and freight management services
- Return/reverse shipping management services
- Flexible and low MOQs
- Real-time inventory and inbound/outbound shipping data
- Online retail website/e-commerce integration capabilities
- Fulfillment by Amazon capabilities
- Various shipping options with no shipping delays
- Customer support available 12 hours a day
Whether you are a small or large business, we can serve as your one-stop shop for all of your manufacturing, packaging, and fulfillment needs. To learn more about our 3PL and fulfillment services, contact us or request a quote today.